Raw Juice & Food Pairing Experience: 4th of July Cocktail Cooler Popsicle Recipe
Hey the 4th of July is tomorrow, and it got me to thinking about cool quenchers to make for a celebratory hot day in the sun. Most of us will be firing up the grill in the heat as we prepare our favorite tantalizing dishes. Who says popsicles are just for kids? Adults need a refreshing treat too made from whole fruits with a little kick of alcoholic spirit to spark the holiday excitement. I found this wonderful recipe to ignite yet cool you down tomorrow. This recipe comes from EndlessSimmer.com . I had to modify the recipe to reflect my preference for natural goodness omitting sugar and club soda for apple juice and/or agave.
- 1 cup vodka
- 3 tablespoon triple sec
- 2 tablespoons squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup sweetened blueberry puree (recipe follows)
- 1 cup POM juice
- 1 cup of fresh pear juice ( run the pears through your juicer) do not strain
- Place vodka, triple sec and lime juice in a shaker and shake for about 10 seconds or until well combined; set aside.
- Place blueberry mixture in a glass and add in one third of alcohol mixture and stir to combine. Pour mixture in popsicle mold and freeze for one hour or until blueberry layer freezes enough, so the next layer does not mix.
- Place POM juice and one third of alcohol mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture in the popsicle mold and freeze for an hour or until POM layer freezes enough, so the next layer does not mix. Insert popsicle into mixture.
- Place pear juice and one third of alcohol mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture in the popsicle mold and freeze until popsicle is frozen solid.
- 1- 4.4 oz package of fresh blueberries
- 1.5 -2 cup of organic apple juice (juice your apple or buy organic apple juice. My preference is to juice the apple.)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processer and whip. If you need to sweeten the puree add agave or honey and blend